Tuesday, September 24, 2013

Life As I Know It

I'm not one to share my opinion on most things if I don't have to. I try to mind my own business and offer advice only when someone asks for it. But there is one aspect of my life that I am more than willing to share... and that is my testimony of the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

There are only 3 things in my life that I can't live without: my family (including people that I consider as close as family), music and the Gospel. Everything else brings trivial happiness compared to the joy I receive from these specific blessings. For my online Family History class we were asked to share our testimony or our view on life and our future goals in an online journal that could be preserved. But I feel like I have so much I could say that this post would probably turn into a novel. So I'm just going to share my basic beliefs/goals and elaborate in future posts.

There are 4 solid, principal beliefs that I know are true without a doubt:
  1. Christ died on the cross after suffering for our sins in the Garden. But He lives today. He knows each one of us by name and He loves each one of us equally and unconditionally.
  2. Joseph Smith was a prophet of God, called to restore the full Gospel of Jesus Christ back onto the earth.
  3. And because Joseph Smith was a prophet, that means the Book of Mormon is a true testament of Christ. It contains the Word of God and adds significant truths in conjunction with the Bible.
  4. Thomas S. Monson is God's prophet on the earth today. He communicates with God Himself and relays those messages to us through inspired revelation.
These core beliefs lay a foundation for me that every other truth builds upon. I have gained this testimony through many Spiritual experiences and tests over the course of my life. But I know that I will continue to learn for the rest of eternity because that is part of Heavenly Father's plan for each of his children. As part of my knowledge journey, certain goals include graduating from BYU-Idaho with my Associate's Degree as an RN, getting married in the temple to my best friend, applying my skills and knowledge in a hospital (specifically the Labor & Delivery department), and then focusing my energy on raising children of my own. Granted, they don't have to happen in the order listed. But if I can accomplish those goals, then I will feel successful and satisfied. Obviously there are many more things I want to do in life. But like I said, this post is just about the basics.

I am not ashamed of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. It is my life and my greatest blessing. Because of that, I will continue to strive to live a Christ-like life worthy of His praise, setting an example of a disciple to all those within my path. And that is life as I know it.

No comments:

Post a Comment