Sunday, July 28, 2013

The Beauty of Life

I'd like to think of myself as a good writer. Not because I have good grammar or an elevated vocabulary (even though I do have both haha), but because my writing is passionate and honest. I try to incorporate my style and voice into whatever I write, whether it be a research argument or a talk for church.  When you just let your mind spill freely onto paper without any worries or inhibitions holding you back, true genius is allowed to emerge. And that's what makes good writing.

I've always been an avid journal writer, beginning at the age of 7. And in the last 12 years or so, I've completed roughly 5 journals. Granted, not everything written is significant or even useful. But it's still fun to see the changes I've gone through and the lessons I've learned. As life has gotten busier, it's been harder to be more consistent with my record keeping and writing has become a lot more time consuming. So that is why I've decided to try blogging. It's a lot faster, and this way I can write more detail in a shorter amount of time. And as another added bonus, maybe someone will be inspired or helped by what I have to share. I enjoy reading other bloggers' posts and finding useful encouragement so I thought I would give it a try as well.

Don't expect anything fancy cause I'm a simple person. And that's alright with me. As my blog title explains, it's the little things in life that usually mean the most and make the biggest differences. And at times we tend to overlook them. But I've noticed that as I focus more on the simple daily miracles and blessings, life is just a lot happier overall. And that's the beauty of life.

No comments:

Post a Comment